2) Repair and Replace Damaged Gutters
Broken gutters may cause several problems such as clogging which may result to;
• Leaks into the house
• Damage to your yard
• Invasion by pests such as bugs
• Water pooling
• Cracks on walls due to a weakened foundation
• Fascia boards rotting
Here are several ways on how you can repair broken gutters;
1. Secure Gutters
If your gutters are sagging, they cannot work effectively, and you need to hold them in place. Using a cordless drill, fasten the gutters using gutter screws or spikes.
2. Repair Downspouts
Check the joints on the downspouts to ensure they fit correctly. Also, get rid of any debris.
3. Seal Leaks
You can check for leaks and cracks on the gutters using a hosepipe. If any, you can cover them using silicone caulk.
3) Gutter Guards Installation
If you do not like cleaning your gutters frequently, you can consider installing gutter screens and guards to protect them against further damage.
The screens and guards work to protect your gutters against clogging, by blocking the debris and allowing the water to flow freely.
These are available in three forms;
1. Screens- they work like a filter by covering the gutter using layers in the form of membranes to separate water from the debris, and allowing water to pass.
2. Reverse curves- they only allow water to enter the gutters through a tiny opening while dirt falls to the ground.
3. Inserts-consist of foam-like substances placed on the gutter that allows only water to pass holding back the debris.
4) Regular and Professional Cleaning, Inspections and Repairs
You may not be able to spot all the cracks and breakages on your gutters. It is therefore important to call experts for gutter cleaning, repair and installation in Wellingborough. We are just that and our staff are highly trained to offer high-quality services in gutter cleaning and repair, among other roofing services.